Image Credit: Rowlands Photography
How 196 Events helped: DJ/Event Host, Ceremony Support & Dance Floor Lights
Hands down, one of the most requested first dance songs is Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect”. If you’ve attended any weddings this year then you know exactly what I mean. To make your first dance stand out from the crowd, try to mix things up a bit. Search beyond the “Top 50 First Dance Songs” on Pinterest. One of the most anticipated parts of the wedding day is the first dance, so make it yours. Choose something that has meaning for you as a couple.
I love that Cody & Melanie stepped out of the box with a mash-up of Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect” and Elvis’ “Can’t Help Falling In Love” performed by Joey Stamper. From the moment I opened the link from Melanie I knew it was going to be magical. When their moment finally arrived all our hearts were full as Cody & his bride had their first dance as husband & wife.
Check out my amateur video of a few special moments from their big day!
Moments like this are the reason we do what we do. It’s such a blessing for us to witness each of our couples become one and begin their lifelong journey together. We are humbled by every bride & groom that allows us to take part in this intimate and meaningful occasion. With every wedding we attend Devail & I can’t help but fall a little deeper in love as we are reminded of the vows we took 11 years ago.
Melanie & Cody, you guys are amazing. We enjoyed getting to know you and your beautiful family over the past few months. As you start this new journey we pray that everyday brings exciting new experiences, joy and lots and lots of laughter.
Also, a big thank you to our favorite husband & wife photography team, Chelsea & Michael from Rowlands Photography. Thank you for sharing Melanie & Cody with us. As always, it was a pleasure to see you guys and great to work together again!
Head over to the Rowlands’ Blog for more gorgeous photos and details from Cody & Melanie’s entire wedding day.
Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Gatliff!!
Devail & Nikki
- Brides Processional – “Marry Me” (Instrumental) Train
- Recessional – “Somebody Like You” Keith Urban
- Bridal Party Intros – “Uptown Funk” Bruno Mars
- Bride & Groom Intro – “Vacation” Thomas Rhett
- First Dance – “Perfect/Can’t Help Falling In Love”- Joey Stamper
- Father/Daughter Dance – “I Loved Her First” Heartland
- Mother/Son Dance – “Don’t Blink” Kenny Chesney
- Bouquet Toss – “Move B*tch” Ludacris
- Garter Toss – “Another One Bites The Dust” Queen
- Cake Cutting – “You Make Loving You Easy” Zac Brown Band
- Last Dance – “Die A Happy Man” Thomas Rhett
- DJ/Event Host – 196 Events
- Photographer – Rowlands Photography
- Video: Another Forty Production
- Catering: Topside Catering
- Cake: May’s Parlor
- Donuts: Amazing Glazed
Are you looking for a professional interactive DJ who will keep you and your guests entertained all night? If so, we are the one for you. Send us an email–we can’t wait to connect with you!
“So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no man separate.”